If you’ve found a wild animal that you think might be sick or injured…
- If it’s a native bird we can help!
- If it’s a native mammal, visit the Outdoor Alabama website to find a list of current rehabbers.
When a bird is obviously injured, bring it to our rehabilitation clinic for immediate treatment. We’re open every day of the year from 11:00AM to 4:00PM for bird admissions.
- Our location and directions
- Found an Injured Songbird?
- Found an Injured Raptor?
- Found an Injured Water or Shore Bird?
- Might be an Orphan?
If you’re unsure if the bird needs your help or have questions about handling, housing, and transporting it, please call our Wildlife Help Line first: 205-413-4784, Ext. 1.
Tips to help wildlife
Reduce your impact on our environment.
Plastic bags, 6-pack rings, fishing line and other discarded materials can be deadly for a bird that has become entangled. Be responsible when enjoying outdoor sports and activities by keeping our environment clean and safe for wildlife. Reduce, reuse and recycle whenever possible.